Confounded Face
Read 1271 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
That "fear" of a Meltdown is political and media hype, China syndrome ids a myth. Don't believe what you see, on Youtube or read in the papers!  Wink Face Do your "due diligence" research believing in all the hype Smiling Face with Horns
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
That's why they have containment buildings, the "leaks" they detect are very low levels and are more diagnostic than dangerous. Yes, a cooling failure could allow melting of fuel rods, but it's NOT a positive feedback reaction and will self extinguish and be contained in the massive dome. YES it could be an economic catastrophe for a power company that would have to decommission and expensive reactor, but NOT an environmental disaster. Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
- Bachelor of Science
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
I am glad that you were being just humorous Thinking Face but it got me thinking.
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Steve Kerekes, spokesman for the U.S.-based Nuclear Energy Institute, said that while the situation was serious, a meltdown remains unlikely and, even if it occurred would not necessarily pose a threat to public health and safety.

“Obviously... that wouldn’t be a good thing, but at Three Mile Island about half the core melted and, at the end of the day … there were no adverse impacts to the public,” he said.

Experts also downplayed the seriousness of the trace levels of radiation detected at the Fukushima Daiichi plant.
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
horrible
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
horrible

I agree, Itzmc. I mean, here we are complaining about rain, while people half way across the world are dieing because of massive earthquakes and waves.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1270 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?