m
s
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Valued Member
Educator
13 years ago
Psychologists have found that 2.5 percent of the American population has a special multi-tasking ability that allows them to do such things as safely drive and talk on the phone at the same time. The neural basis behind this effect is not known, but there are still some interesting questions that emerge. Should proven supertaskers be exempt from laws banning phone use while driving? Also, in the future, if a 'supertasker gene' is discovered would it be fair for employers to preferentially hire these individuals?

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archives/2010/03/youre_a_supertasker_right.html
Read 1387 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
13 years ago
Its good to have such supertasking skills and very beneficial at the workplace.

But out of this group, we have to consider how many of these individuals who possess such supertasking skills can do all these work perfectly or in an organized manner by paying attention to detail. Its good to have a skill where you can juggle all and run but its also important to know how successful they are in performing the completion of each task.
wrote...
13 years ago
I would like to know what the second task was that they tested to come to the conclusion that people can text and drive safely. To me, this study is just going to encourage people to believe that they fall in to this category and do these things together. I believe it is dangerous and with statistics like 2.5% capable of doing this is a very low number so nobody should ever be exempt from the laws in place - thats like saying that a surgeon can text and operate at the same time so they should be allowed to do it. When other lives are at risk, no exception should be made.
B.Sc. (Biology)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  947 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274