a
t
i
r
magics magics
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
original article in nature: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature08700.html

Researchers compared the Y chromosome in humans and chimpanzees, the latter being recently sequenced. Despite 98 percent similarity in the autosomal and X chromosome sequences between the species, up to half of the human Y genes are absent in chimps, implying that the Y chromosome is evolving faster. It is hypothesized that different mating habits may account for some of the variation.

Any thoughts?
Read 2155 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
I think there is some fallacy in this observation since real evolution occurs over 'evolutionary time'. Arguing such idea using subtle facts such as these isn't a good argument so to say...
wrote...
13 years ago
good question
wrote...
13 years ago
in time it has shown, that males will start getting shorter, and the female average will start getting taller
wrote...
13 years ago
Yes they are!
wrote...
13 years ago
I think overtime, males will evolve through a process kinda like natural selection. These days, its the female who picks the male, and as we all know, its probably more likely to be a good looking dude lol
wrote...
13 years ago
^dudes*
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1278 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586