× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
zero86 zero86
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
describe the Layers and function of uterus?
Read 1379 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
11 years ago
The uterus is a hollow, thick-walled muscular organ that functions to receive, retain, and nourish a fertilized ovum.

a. The uterus is supported by the mesometrium, the lateral cervical ligaments, the uterosacral ligaments, and the round ligaments.

b. The wall of the uterus is composed of three layers: the perimetrium, the myometrium, and the endometrium.

Do you need to know what all three layers do?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
11 years ago
The endometrium, a mucous membrane, is the innermost layer of tissue. It lines the uterine cavity and contains numerous glands, blood vessels and lymphatic spaces.

The middle layer of tissue, the myometrium, is very firm and muscular and makes up most of the uterus. The endometrium, a mucous membrane, is the innermost layer of tissue. It lines the uterine cavity and contains numerous glands, blood vessels and lymphatic spaces.

The outside layer is the peritoneum. This membrane secretes a blood-like fluid that partially covers the uterus.
wrote...
11 years ago
Serosa. The outermost layer consists of a membrane called the serosa. This thin layer merges with connective tissue (ligaments) that suspends the uterus in your pelvis.

Myometrium. This middle layer is a thick wall made of smooth muscle cells.

Endometrium. This layer of cells forms the inner lining, which includes glands with structures called receptors that receive chemical signals. Another name for this lining layer is the mucosa.
zero86 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Thanks for posting, yes I do need to know what each layers does, but I got that part now thanks.
wrote...
Staff Member
11 years ago
Thanks for posting, yes I do need to know what each layers does, but I got that part now thanks.

Post it here, that way others may use it in the future Smiling Face with Open Mouth
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1288 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352