× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
datageekgh datageekgh
wrote...
11 years ago
I have already taken three physics classes; their descriptions will follow at the bottom of this. What other classes should I take if I would like to eventually take a class in quantum electrodynamics (I would like to eventually learn about Feynman's way of solving things / his formula's - I read that they can be applied to classical physics topics and are even easier computationally this way)

the classes I've taken are:    (and I have taken up to calculus III, and differential equations)

General Physics I?Mechanics
Introduces mechanics using calculus. Topics include force and motion, work and energy, rotation, oscillations, and fluids. For students in chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.  

General Physics II?Electricity and Magnetism.
Introduces electricity and magnetism using calculus. Topics include charge; electric field and potential; resistance, capacitance, and inductance; DC and AC circuits; magnetic fields; laws of Gauss, Ampere and Faraday; Maxwell?s equations and electromagnetic waves; geometric optics, lenses and mirrors, interference and diffraction, and polarization. For students in chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.

General Physics III?Thermal and Quantum Physics.
Introduces thermodynamics and quantum physics. Topics include temperature and heat, ideal gas law, first and second law of thermodynamics, kinetic theory of gasses, entropy, relativity, quantization, the atom, solid state physics and conduction, nuclear and elementary particle physics. For students in chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
Read 602 times
1 Reply