i
r
r
oaghasey oaghasey
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Two parts---
I'm probably taking AP physics C: Mechanics next year, so I was just wondering, There's an AP physics C: Mechanics, and an AP physics C: electricity and Magnetism. But, there's also an AP physics B that isn't separated into two separate subjects...why is that? Is AP physics C just more in depth? Does AP physics cover a more general area of physics?

The second part is, I looked up AP physics books for the AP physics C exams, some books were just AP physics C--the Princeton Review and Barron's, and some books were AP physics B & C--Kaplan's, and the Princeton Review. Kaplan has a good reputation for making books like these, but a lot of the other books are just AP Physics C:--so I'm wondering if I should get the Kaplan, even though I'm just taking AP Physics C---does the Kaplan version go into less detail since it has two portions of physics to cover?
Read 275 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
There are two main differences: the C test is more in depth, and you need to know some calculus for the C test but not the B test.  The B test covers central concepts of physics, a fair bit of mechanics, and some electricity and magnetism.  The C test goes into enough depth that all that would be too much to cover in one test, so they split it up.  The calculus you need to understand is nothing too fancy (know how to integrate and differentiate polynomials and trig functions), so it shouldn't give you any difficulty as long as you understand when and why someone might use calculus in a physics setting.  Since C is basically just B except more so, the B/C texts shouldn't have to sacrifice any content to cover both tests.  I can personally vouch for Kaplan as a good source, although Princeton Review also has a good reputation.  Best of luck!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1297 People Browsing
 110 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328