s
a
t
i
r
stitches335 stitches335
wrote...
12 years ago
I've recently applied to three nursing schools, all of which begin classes Fall 2010 and will notify me of my acceptance or refusal around April.  I have pretty good grades, especially in my science, and I did well on the different admissions tests required for each program so I'm not being cocky I just want to be prepared.  Two of the programs notify you by mail, but one notifies you by email and if you don't reply within a week, your spot goes to someone else so you have to make some pretty quick decisions even if I don't know if I'm accepted into the other programs yet or not.
The programs are:
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston School of Nursing
The University of Texas Health Science Center College of Nursing (Houston)
Texas Women's University College of Nursing (Houston Campus)

Houston has one of the best medical districts and their schools are pretty competitive so I'd be ecstatic to be accepted to any, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience, which of those would be considered a better school and program?  Especially concerning employment after graduation, because I know some hospitals favor certain programs and like to hire from those.
Those are the only schools I'm applying to because anything else is either too far (Austin, Denton, etc.) for me or requires more prerequisites than these schools (ex. Prairie View A&M).
Read 275 times
1 Reply