s
a
t
i
r
Tidy Tidy
wrote...
8 years ago
Arnold Harberger was the first economist to estimate the loss of economic efficiency due to market power. Harberger found that
A) the loss of economic efficiency in the U.S. economy due to market power was less than 1 percent of the value of production.
B) because of the increase in the average size of firms since World War II, the loss of economic efficiency has been relatively large, about 10 percent of the value of total production in the United States.
C) although the number of monopolies was small, the large number of other non-competitive firms in the United States resulted in a large loss of economic efficiency, about 20 percent of the value of total production.
D) the loss of economic efficiency in the U.S. economy due to market power was small around 1973, about 1 percent of the value of production, but has since grown to about 10 percent.
Textbook 
Essentials of Economics

Essentials of Economics

Edition: 4th
Authors:
Read 314 times
1 Reply
Repeat after me: 'Calm down. Things are gonna be fine. Things are gonna be all great. Just relax.' Wink Face
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
VincenzoDVincenzoD
wrote...
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here