m
p
m
f
tojo70 tojo70
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I have to do them for homework. So say my partner is Rr for tongue rolling, R being a roller. To do a monohybrid cross, must I be heterozygous too?

Just tell me what a monohybrid, dihybrid and a trihybrid are and tell me what conditions must have to be there to do a monohybrid cross, a dihybrid cross and a trihybrid cross.

Some examples would help. Thank you.
Read 399 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
A monohybrid cross is only dealing with one characteristic, like tongue rolling.
Dihybrid crosses deal with two characteristics, like hair color and texture.
Trihybrid crosses deal with three things, like hair color, texture and thickness.
I'm pretty sure I'm right...
wrote...
12 years ago
Okay, I'm doing this in Bio now, and I totally get it. Im POSITIVE I'm right. OK im gonna make this RLY simple:

T means TALL
t means short
^u have to use the same letter, but this is only ONE TRAIT

Okay so if you are doing a monohybrid cross, it DOES NOT matter that one is homozygygous, the other is heterozygygous, or their both homozygous, etc. THE ONLY THING that makes a monohybrid cross, a monohybrid cross, is that ONLY ONE THINGS IS BEING COMPARED.

So if u have to do a monohybrid cross for tounge rolling.
R stands for being able to roll (dominant trait)
r stands for not being able to roll (recessive trait)
You said your partner is homozygous. Rr IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU ARE, RR, Rr, or rr. JUST AS LONG AS YOU ARE ONLY COMPARING ONE TRAIT (tounge rolling)

Okay so now u have to do a dihybrid cross. You compare TWO traits. Lets say, Tounge Rolling and the ability to whistle. AGAIN, IT DOES NOT MATTER if one is homozygous, heterozygous, or w/e. THE ONLY THING THAT WILL MAKE THE CROSS DIHYBRID, IS IF TWO TRAITS ARE BEING CROSSED.

I'm pretty sure you can figure out that trihybrid will be 3 traits crossed. (lets say tounge rolling, whistling, and..... wiggling your ears) ,-idk lol. THE ONLY THING THAT WILL MAKE THE CROSS TRIHYBRID, IS IF THREE TRAITS ARE BEING CROSSED.

do u kno how to remember this? SIMPLE! mono means one. di means two, and tri means three. =] ANY other questions??? FEEL FREE to email me and ask.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  936 People Browsing
 115 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 432