r
d
l
a
khaos_ khaos_
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
Hey guys, I'm studying for my genetics exam and I've run into a few issues. My question is, What's the purpose of a Monohybrid, Dihybrid, reciporcial cross and simple test cross? The focus for these questions can from a drosophila lab I did.

For Monohybrid, I know that you cross 2 true breeding parents, and this tells you whether an allele is dom or recessive and also if it's x linked or autosomal, however, what exact tells you if it's x linked or not? Also, for a recessive leth

For dihybrid, I know you cross two heterozygous genes and this tell you about whether the genes are linked or not. If the Principle of Indepedant assort. is correct then you get 4 gamates with a 1:1:1:1 ratio, correct?

For reciprocial, I know it's backcrossing. So you cross an individual from the f1 generation with it's parent, or another individual with the same genotype as the parent. I read that it helps determine if the gene is sex linked or autosomal, but what exactly does that look like?

Lastly, a simple test cross. I googled this and looked in my book but I literally can't find anything about it, or any examples.

Thanks for the help, all examples are welcomed (I do better when I can see it and take time to make sense of it!)
Read 284 times
1 Reply