a
t
i
r
Fireman 23 Fireman 23
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I read that it's the combination of Biology, Chemistry, and Computer Science. Does this mean that you can get jobs that you could get if you had majored in Biology, Chemistry, or Computer Science? Does this degree raise your chances of getting jobs or lower them compared to Biology?
Read 561 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I think it is easier to get a job in bioinformatics, because they are much needed. A lot of people take biology, and bioinfomatics is a harder study than biology.

Think you could get a job in computer science, but not really in plain biology. The informatics part is usually a big part of this degree, with less pure biology, but maybe some proteomics and definitely more statistics.
wrote...
11 years ago
Unlikely, either way you will it will be hard getting a job with just a biology or bioinformatics degree since-since most expect you to have completed post graduate studies-either way biology would be more the sufficient enough to gain entry to post grad bioinformatics studies.

BUT, keep in mind that bioinformatics is still a relative new field so finding a job would be much easier-maybe employers will favor someone will a strong background in bioinformatics as someone with just biology would be more focused.

Also note you also will be competing with engineers for bioinformatic roles.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1260 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4