t
m
p
m
firepain firepain
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Moreover, what are the job opportunities available for those who finished BS Chemistry. What are the big companies in the Philippines that they can apply at? WHat are the advantages of getting an MS degree in Chemistry?
Read 467 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
University of the Philippines and University of Santo Tomas have strong science departments. I don't know what the job market is like for BS Chem graduates, but suggest you look into food and cosmetic manufacturing, packaging of perishable products, even agriculture. Witn an MS in Chem you can teach high levels (up to university) and also get part-time consultancies and write papers for conferences in that discipline.
wrote...
12 years ago
i agree....University of the Philippines and/or University of Santo Tomas are perfect universities for your said major...

what are the job opportunities available for those who finished BS Chemistry. What are the big companies in the Philippines that they can apply at? WHat are the advantages of getting an MS degree in Chemistry?

the paramount duty of chemist is to study the elements americium,samarium,zirconium etc. etc. etc.....so if you're a chemist, it is like you know and control the world and everything that is made of,...for example...air (oxygen) and water (H2O) are elemental chemistry right?,...air and water are among the basic needs of human survival,...so if there will be no chemist to study and conduct any functions and innovations...it is more likely the human race would be eliminated...i mean,...how are we going to know the weight and worth of the air we breath?,...or if the water is contaminated with nuclear waste or not?, how will we eliminate the greenhouse gases that causes global warming?, what salt or sodium chlorine is practically made of?, what is bioethanol and hydraulic systematic power?, what is a halogen?,what are the nutritive content of an ice cream? ... etc. etc.

you see, innovative scientist like the chemists is what the world needs today,...
wrote...
12 years ago
UP Diliman certainly! And I hear "rumors" about UPLB having an even better Chemistry program. Trust me, I have high school classmates that are so stupid in the sciences but are accepted in UST science departments.
wrote...
12 years ago
the Commission on Higher Education identifies 6 schools that are "Centers of Excellence":

Ateneo de Manila University
De La Salle University Manila
Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology
University of San Carlos Cebu
University of the Philippines Diliman
University of the Philippines Los Baños

it means that the government trusts these schools enough to give them graduate education scholarships, faculty development funds, laboratory and library facilities upgrading, and research funds.

the only job opportunities i can think of are researchers and chemists in big companies (P&G, Unilever, J&J, Kraft, Shell, etc) and science teachers or laboratory technicians in the academe.

i have no basis or idea which school is the best (of course i'll say DLSU because i know people who graduated chemistry there took their MS degrees in the US). but i think padding one's CV is very helpful for moving up the corporate ladder, that's the only advantage i can think of why people get Master's degrees anyway.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  978 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 7
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?