t
m
p
m
firepain firepain
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I want to study a chemistry degree and have a related job. Can i do this being colour-blind?
Read 431 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You probably can if you will figure out what is the connection between what you see and how it actually appears.

But to be honest it is sometimes hard for a non-colourblind person to differentiate colours of spectra and solutions. However, if the issue is only with green and red, you might be ok. Slight Smile

Good luck!
wrote...
11 years ago
sure, no problem at all, in my 30 years of chemistry i rarely used a colorimeter and nobody uses anymore simple colorimetric tests for checking compounds Smiling Face with Open Mouth
You may study them, and probably you will do a lab on colorimetric testing, but many colorimetric tests can be substituted with other non colored tests Smiling Face with Open Mouth
wrote...
11 years ago
Being colour-blind will interfere with some titrations, but I would think it would only be a bit of a handicap, not a career-ender. It depends what kind of colour-blindness you have; protanopia, deuteronopia and tritonopia will only interfere with a small percentage of the usual colour changes you'd have to observe; most colour changes also have a change in lightness/darkness, so even someone who's monchromatic wouldn't be completely incapable of seeing them.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1016 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 820

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?