m
c
o
l
ashwvu90 ashwvu90
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
i will graduate in one year time. i just want to know, what is actually my position after i graduate?
i'm taking bachelor degree of applied chemistry.
and, what is the monthly salary?
thanks!
Read 415 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
If you are interested in salaries the highest paying jobs are in chemical and instrument sales.  Usually sales people make the most money of any profession.

You can also teach high school chemistry, if you take some additional courses in education.  But, quite frankly, I don't recommend it as most high school kids do not want to learn science and they can make you miserable unless you are a people person or masochist or both.

Perhaps someone who has recently graduated can provide you with current salary info.  Although it varies widely depending on what part of the country you are in.  And you forgot to include that info.
wrote...
12 years ago
this is based purely on my experience working in industry.  Your results may differ....

Fair not not, most companies hire new BA/BS chemists into laboratory positions testing samples.  Pay depends on location but will probably be in the low to mid $40's per year.  If the company is decent, you should expect benefits like 401k contributions, matching contributions, and insurance.  Maybe profit sharing as well.   Perhaps 1 week vacation after 6 months and 3.5% annual raise.   You will probably not have much say in the direction of your work for now.  

I suggest that you: 1) continue your education as soon as possible. 6 sigma black belts are fairly easy to get and will make you more marketable.   An MBA program  may be available to you in a few years.  2) get as much training as you can in management, experimental design, and equipment operations.  3) plan on changing companies in 3-4 years.

My source is me.   I have managed R&D groups for a long time now.   Hired many BA, MS, and PhD chemists and engineers.  And have coached many of my people to advanced careers.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  975 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292