a
t
i
r
Gaziger Gaziger
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
I am looking to run poultry manure dust through a bioreactor to make a liquid organic fertilizer. The solution will be oxygenated using water pumped through a Venturi Injector. I will also add a biological agent to degrade the organic material.
Read 914 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
8 years ago
The solubility of a fertilizer is defined as the maximal amount of the fertilizer that can be completely dissolved in a given amount of distilled water at a given temperature.

Manufacturers may provide you with solubility data of their fertilizers upon request. Here is an example of solubility data of various fertilizers (expressed in  g/liter):

*See table below*

Different manufacturers may provide slightly different solubility data for the same fertilizer. This is because they use different additives in their products. There are also some fertilizers that may contain insoluble residues.

Dissolving a Fertilizer

When you dissolve a fertilizer, you should not exceed its solubility. Otherwise, a precipitate may form and might clog the irrigation system. Moreover, the nutrients you intend to provide through the solution may not be fully available.

For example, according to the data in the table above, the solubility of Potassium Nitrate in 20oC is 209 g/l and the fertilizer contains 38% Potassium. If you attempt to dissolve 300 g/l in the fertilizer stock tank, you will not get 114 g/l of Potassium (38% of 300g), but only 80g. The remaining 34g will precipitate and will not be available.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1330 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion