2 Replies
My Health: An Outcomes Approach

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
1. Eat at regularly scheduled times.
2. Eat more frequently, spend more time eating, eat high-calorie foods first if you fill up fast, and always start with the main course.
3. Take time to shop, to cook, and to eat slowly.
4. Put extra spreads (e.g., peanut butter, cream cheese, or cheese) on your foods. Take seconds whenever possible and eat high-calorie, nutrient-dense snacks (e.g., nuts and cheese) during the day.
5. Supplement your diet. Add high-calorie drinks that have a healthy balance of nutrients (e.g., whole milk).
6. Try to eat with people you are comfortable with. Avoid people who you feel are analyzing what you eat or make you feel as if you should eat less.
7. If you are sedentary, be aware that moderate exercise can increase your appetite. If you are exercising, moderate your activities until you've gained some weight.
8. Avoid diuretics, laxatives, and other medications that cause you to lose body fluids and nutrients.
9. Relax. Many people who are underweight operate in high gear most of the time. Slow down, get more rest, and take steps to control stress and anxiety.
Fuaza Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Just checked your answer with a friend, thanks for the valuable input.
My Health: An Outcomes Approach
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  949 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 299

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?