p
n
C
z
hasanqusay hasanqusay
wrote...
13 years ago
 hey every body i want the hypothesis for each problem below

usually some of them it can be solved like this : "if.... increase then .... increase or dicrease" but some i don't know how to make a hypothesis for them

1.how does the color of the roof affect the temperature inside a house?
2.does the amout of exercise have an effect on the pulse rate of humans?
3.is there a relation between a student's GPA and the amount of time they spend watching TV each week?
4.does water temperature affect how fast fish breathe in water?
5.does the size of eye pupil change with light?
6.how does soap affect the growth of bacteria?
7.does the amount of exercise have an effect on the breathing rate of animals?
8.how does the amount of moisture affect the growth of mold and mildew in the bathroom?

on number 3 what does GPA means?

Read 1758 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
1. If the roof's colour is dark, then the temperature inside the house will increase.

2. If the intensity of exercise increases, then the pulse rate will also increase.

For the next one, GPA means : Grade Point Average (So, your average at school).

3. If the amount of studying time increases, there is a higher likelihood that GPA will also increase.

4. If the temperature of the water in which the fish are swimming increases, it will increase the respiration rate of the fish.

5. The dimmer the light of the environment, the larger the size of the eye's pupil will become.

6. If bacteria are exposed to increased levels of soap, this will more likely inhibit or impede their growth.

7. If the amount of exercise increases, breathing rate will also increase.

8. If fungi are exposed to higher temperatures, it will optimize growth in a bathroom.

Reply back if you need more assistance.

hasanqusay Author
wrote...
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, hasanqusay
 Smiling Face with Open Mouth thank you
but i want to know a breif explination about #6 and #1
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Well, here is my rational...

The darker the roof, the less colour it will reflect; so essentially a dark roof is absorbing more light from the sun (more heat) and reflecting less back. If it were red, it would absorb every colour in the spectrum, but red, whereas if it were black, it is absorbing ALL colours and reflecting none back.

Soap acts as a detergent that disrupts the plasma membrane of cells, such as bacteria plasma membrane. The more soap you add, it will disrupt the biochemistry of the bacteria.

Bio_man 8)
hasanqusay Author
wrote...
13 years ago
sorry. but about #1 what does the color do with the temperature , i mean i want a relation between the dark color and the temp, but maybe the temp is acting like a color > and if the roof is absorbing the heat then the room should be cold?Neutral FaceNeutral Face?? Undecided
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
If the room is black, the temperature will be higher.
If the room is white, the temperature will be cooler.

Which gets hot faster, a black-painted car or a white-painted car?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1017 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 6
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?