a
t
i
r
zzz zzz
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
Everyone is telling me that there are no good jobs with that degree that makes money!  HELP!!!
Read 739 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Look, don't let anybody get you down by saying what you're doing is useless. I'm sure there's plenty of opportunity at least for teaching sociology. I think however that it's best to double major if you're really interested in sociology. That's not really answering your question, but I'm just being honest. Sociologists are sometimes hired by corporations for planning things like when to release a new product or something. But you'd also want a background in economics for that. It all depends on what classes you take in your major, what you really want to do and how willing you are to adapt to various situations. That's about all I can say before I start sounding like a mom!
wrote...
12 years ago
Sociology and psychology as degree subjects sometimes dont lead to the best paid jobs.  But it depends what you want to do?

My degree is social science and psychology and I used it to work in care. Not the best paid choice granted. But so rewarding.  

Your degree would be a good foundation for any other training like socialworker or community nursing/health visiting etc.  I work as a care manager at the moment. But Iv had well paid jobs in youth work, drugs counselling, mental health, learning disability etc.  Once you get the work experience you would also be able to lecture at college part time to earn extra cash.  

Sociology is a great foundation for management aswell.  Good luck.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1263 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4