a
t
i
r
dataplease dataplease
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I have bachelors degree in sociology but for the last 8 years I've worked in a check cashing place. I'm trying to get into social work but I can't apply for any of the jobs because I need 1 to 2 years experience. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to where I can start. I've been unemployed since the end of March of 2009 so I'm actively looking for work. Thank you
Read 1062 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You can use it to get into the  Law Enforcement side of social work - Police officer - probation and parole - juvenile officer, etc.  

This is a great way to build experience to move on to better things.

Trust me..  I was a cop for 5 years and  now I'm in  the Federal Sector.

Good luck.
wrote...
11 years ago
Volunteer to work at a psych hospital, old people's home, whatever where it's needed.
wrote...
11 years ago
Get a master's degree. Seriously, that's what most places require. Otherwise, try volunteering in some agency that helps people who are down and out so you can get some experience. Be willing to work at other jobs in agencies that use social workers and work your way up. They may even be willing to pay for you to get the master's degree since it's a high demand field.
wrote...
11 years ago
Around here people are taking jobs at temp agencies, in hopes of getting their foot in the door.  You could volunteer someplace, but if you are out of work, I would look into temp agencies, so you could get something in your field, or start your own business.  Open a day care, or do senior care, or disabled people, you could just start your own business, chase your own dreams.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1210 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292