f
b
d
h
rk90 rk90
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
11 years ago
....does that tell you scientifically anything about the  genetics of the internal organs, of the propensity to be more like the mother than the father in many ways ( e.g. psychologically, immunologically,  disease-propensity-wise, etc.)   In effect is having the same blood type of the mother ( in contrast to the father) mean the baby will be more like the mother than the father?
Read 1471 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Nope...blood type is due to only one gene.  It doesnt mean that they are more like their mother or father.
wrote...
11 years ago
I had blood types A and my husband had A but my daughter have  0.... I don't know how is working, sorry.
wrote...
11 years ago
No, because the child still received an allele, or gene, from each parent to compose its blood type.  From the mother, the child received and "O" gene and from the father, the child received an "O" gene.  The father's makeup is A/O and the mother's is O/O.  [highly simplified example]

As far as the answer whose child has O and each parent has A:  both parents' makeup is A/O...
wrote...
11 years ago
the baby will have an A blood type because of the allele factor.A blood group have A allele which is much more dominant over O allele from O blood group.The A allele is called the dominant allele while the O allele is known as recessive allele.
wrote...
11 years ago
I am an MD. Blood type has absolutely no bearing on any of what you are talking about. It is simply a rendering of the important immunologic antigens on the surfaces of the red cells that allow for proper cross matching of tranfusions, AND NOTHING MORE, (unless you are Japanese.....don't get me started)
wrote...
11 years ago
not nesscarily, if the baby has type o blood, then his father was a carrier for the type O gene. so in reality, the baby has an equal mix o the genes
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1131 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 315