r
d
l
a
new-york-er new-york-er
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
When a nursing student expresses concerns about how mental health nurses "lose all their nursing skills," the best response by the mental health nurse is:
a.   "Psychiatric nurses practice in safer environments than other specialties. Nurse-to-patient ratios must be better because of the nature of the patients' problems."
b.   "Psychiatric nurses use complex communication skills as well as critical thinking to solve multidimensional problems. I am challenged by those situations."
c.   "That's a misconception. Psychiatric nurses frequently use high technology monitoring equipment and manage complex intravenous therapies."
d.   "Psychiatric nurses do not have to deal with as much pain and suffering as medical-surgical nurses do. That appeals to me."
Textbook 
Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 216 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
espresoespreso
wrote...
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here