t
m
p
m
f
lfontes lfontes
wrote...
11 years ago
I have a strong understanding of general chemistry. I would like to take Organic Chemistry on the quarter system. How much studying will I be doing each night/each week? I am trying to rearrange my work schedules in order to adapt to the time I need to devote to this class in order to receive an A, A-, or B+. Your advice is much appreciated.
Read 571 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The general rule in college is for every hour in the classroom you should expect to study/read for 2 hours.
wrote...
11 years ago
Organic Chemistry has failed more students than any other class at the university I graduated from (I graduated last year from a private university in TX).  From what I hear, it is the toughest class taught.  Plan to be studying 2-3 hours a night (at least).  Good luck with O-Chem.
wrote...
11 years ago
Part of the reason ochem is so tough lies in the students there. Most of the students in ochem are intending to move on to professional schools such as dentistry or medicine and they have to get the best grades to be competitive. Unfortunately, ochem typically grades on a curve and they also make the class purposely difficult to make sure there aren't too many A's. So, when you think studying for ochem you are going up against some pretty competitive students who want that A possibly more than you do.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  915 People Browsing
 103 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292