t
i
r
bugmenot1 bugmenot1
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
i need help please? thanks

chloroplast (plants) mitochondria (animals) and bacteria have the same sizes when it comes to the size of the ribosomes, but i dont know about the size of it. LOL
Read 455 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The ribosomes found in chloroplasts and mitochondria of eukaryotes and prokaryotes consist of large and small subunits bound together with proteins into one 70S
wrote...
11 years ago
Archaeal, eubacterial and eukaryotic ribosomes differ in their size, composition and the ratio of protein to RNA. Because they are formed from two subunits of non-equal size, they are slightly longer in the axis than in diameter. Prokaryotic ribosomes are around 20 nm (200 ångströms) in diameter and are composed of 65% ribosomal RNA and 35% ribosomal proteins (known as a ribonucleoprotein or RNP). Eukaryotic ribosomes are between 25 and 30 nm (250-300 angstroms) in diameter and the ratio of rRNA to protein is close to 1. Ribosomes translate messenger RNA (mRNA) and build polypeptide chains (e.g., proteins) using amino acids delivered by transfer RNA (tRNA). Their active sites are made of RNA, so ribosomes are now classified as "ribozymes".
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1283 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292