d
c
a
r
toney toney
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
can the adrenal cortex secrete aldosterone without the release of renin first?
Read 637 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
RENIN stimulates the conversion of angiotenogene to angiotensin I , Angiotensin I is subsequently converted to angiotensin II by the enzyme angiotensin converting enzyme ,  Angiotensin II also stimulates the secretion of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal cortex.

SO YEAH the release of aldosterone depend on renin angiotensin
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes, it is dependent on the renin-angiotensin reaction. The adrenal cortex is stimulated to produce aldosterone in response to the presence of angiotensin in the blood plasma, and angiotensinogen in the liver is not activated to angiotensin without the presence of renin from the kidneys. Low blood volume/pressure is the trigger for renin secretion from the kidneys.
If you reverse my sentence, you'll see that renin is necessary to activate angiotensin, which then stimulates the production of aldosterone in response to low blood plasma volume and/or pressure. This is to prevent overproduction of aldosterone so that blood pressure does not rise dangerously high.
wrote...
11 years ago
yes
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1207 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion