× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
102228r 102228r
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
What score do I need on the MCAT to get into med school?
Read 743 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I haven't attended med school myself so I can't help you much in terms of a personal anecdote. I hope to one day go to med school too (I'm currently only 17 now). Good luck to you!

As you probably already know, there are three sections in which you can earn 15 points each. To be considered competitive, you probably want to score a 10 or 11 in each section.

When you do take the MCAT, you can find out if your scores are competitive by going here: http://www.studentdoc.com/medfind.html
wrote...
11 years ago
It varies from school to school. Generally, the "better" the school (the better its reputation), the more competitive people will be to get into that school. So basically...higher-ranked schools will require higher MCAT scores.

HOWEVER, MCAT is just one of a dozen (at least) admissions criteria medical schools use. Also, most schools will use a "sliding scale"...if you have a 4.0 GPA you can have a slightly lower MCAT than someone who has a 3.0 or whatever. Basically, there is no real answer to the question--the best thing to do is go to each school's website and look at the average MCAT score of the people they accept.
wrote...
11 years ago
As 0248 said, medical schools consider many things before admitting a student. There is no set score that will guarantee you a position. With that said, I have read on many forums that a score in the 30's is necessary. Look at the average mcat score of matriculated students in schools you want to go to. Remember that if the average score is 31, then half the people who attend the school had an mcat score less than 31. hope thiss makes sense!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1203 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion