a
t
i
r
100442937 100442937
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm a bit anxious about taking that test.  I'm not there yet but I will be soon.  Nail bittingly soon.  Now is the time for me to start preparing.  How did you prepare for the test? l Did anyone choose to retake it?
Read 760 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
can u retake the MCAT's?
wrote...
11 years ago
I took it a million years ago and did quite well.  I didn't take any review courses, but I studied some MCAT review books until I knew the material inside and out.  I also learned the material pretty well when I took the courses in college.

There IS a writing part to the MCAT, and I suggest you work on your spelling a bit.  You do not want to get "excepted", but instead "accepted" to med school.  The words have opposite meanings.  If you communicate poorly as a physician, people can die, so the proper use of English is essential.

Good luck with the MCAT and your future studies.
wrote...
11 years ago
I personally took time off from everything I was doing.  No other work or courses just focused on my MCAT studying for about a month or so.  I think a month is a good time, long enough to go over everything but short enough that you won't forget what you went over at the beginning.  

I studies 6-7 hours a day, 6 days a week and studied with one other person to keep myself motivated.  I had review books from both Kaplan and Princeton Review and used both to progessively and systematically studies through all the subjects.  Focusing on areas I was weak and quickly reviewing areas I was strong.  After each section go through questions and more questions to expose and hidden misconception or holes in knowledge.  I also made these review sheets, in small print, for easy review like o-chem rxns or physics equations or any conceptual error I repeatedly made...I did that for each section of the exam.  

I also periodically took practice exams to practice MCAT test taking technique.  It's a long test and you've got to get your body and mind accustomed to focusing that long.  

I scored in the mid 30's and got in my choice of med school.
wrote...
11 years ago
I prepared for the MCAT by getting roaring drunk. It's been a long time ago, and the format has changed, but even though I don't remember my score, I still remember the hangover, and I was cocky enough that I only applied to the school I eventually graduated from.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1197 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?