a
t
i
r
fire_crystal fire_crystal
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I can only imagine the magnitude of information that needs to be learned in medical school. However, I am sure that not every piece of information learned in medical school will be practiced in a clinical setting.

So which med school courses will benfit a practicing physician the most?
Read 529 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
It's not the individual pieces of information that matter, but the education as a whole.

What I learned in 1985 may or may not be applicable today, but I have a good foundation of knowledge upon which to build when new information becomes available.

I will never have to regurgitate each step of the Krebs cycle again (God willing!), but I may need to understand how a condition or drug affects it.  A psychiatrist may not need to know the finer points of renal physiology, but he/she WILL have patients with kidney problems, and will need to understand the impact of psychotropic medications on renal function, and vice versa.

I've probably forgotten more than most people ever learn, but when I need to understand something new, or remind myself just how or why something works, I can do it.

You've got to learn it all.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1402 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?