a
t
i
r
fisher fisher
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm trying to come up with a good introduction question to a lesson regarding flower parts and their functions. The students will be learning the names, locations and functions of the different parts of a flower. The next class, we will be talking about plant reproduction and adaptations.

My teacher thought it would be neat for students to relate parts of a flower/plant they know (like the petals, stem, leaves, pollen etc...) to parts of the human body. I like this idea, but I'm having a hard time coming up with human body parts that correspond (functionally) to plant parts that students would know.
I've got...
pollen is like sperm, ovum=eggs, anthers/stamen=male reproductive, and ovules/style=female reproductive. The problem is, the students probably won't know the names of most of these structures. They are going to be more familiar with petals, stems, leaves, maybe pollen, and the roots and we aren't really going to be talking about any of those except pollen and petals.

Can you help me think of parts of a plant or flower that correspond with human body parts?
If not, can you help me come up with a better thought provoking question for a 10th grade biology class? It doesn't have to necessarily have right/wrong answers. Your thoughts are appreciated! Smiling Face with Open Mouth Thank you!
Read 797 times
1 Reply