a
t
i
r
123 123
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
My Dad just finsied up his year long treatments of Interferon for his  Melenoma.  He goes for his PET scan this month. And I am hopeful for the best of news!

Has anyone been on Interferon? My Dad has triple the amount an average person would get. And I just wonder what your results of taking it were? Was it good? Did it work?
Read 508 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
interferon is usually prescribed for viral infections. persons i have encountered who were on interferon were all hepatitis A positive. and it worked for them. havent met anyone who had cancer and had interferon. but i think i understand why your dad is on interferon. probably your dad's melanoma is of viral origin. since melanoma is cancerous high doses of interferon may be needed to battle the fast-growing cancer cells. there will always be side effects like nausea, vomiting, headache.. if it's severe and it's too much discomfort for your dad, you can ask the doc for antiemetics (helps minimize nausea and vomiting) and for painkillers for the headache. God bless  you both.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1318 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?