H
a
c
k
guzxna guzxna
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
3. the term "double-jointed" describes individuals who have abnormally large range of motion in a given joint. The cause for this excess range of motion isnt the presence of a second joint but, instead, weakness of the ligaments surrounding the joint. Why would weakness of these ligaments lead to a greater range of motion at that joint?

4.Your friend is on the basketball court when she suddenly hears a loud popping sound and hyperextends her knee. What likely has happened? What results would you see from the anterior drawer test?
Source  EXCERCISES FOR THE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY LABORATORY (ERICK C. AMERMAN) 2ND EDITION
Read 15186 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
3. the term "double-jointed" describes individuals who have abnormally large range of motion in a given joint. The cause for this excess range of motion isnt the presence of a second joint but, instead, weakness of the ligaments surrounding the joint. Why would weakness of these ligaments lead to a greater range of motion at that joint?

There is a defect in the collagen tissue which allows for greater range of motion. If the collagen was not defective, it would be more elastic and not allow a greater range of movement.
Biology!
wrote...
11 years ago
4.Your friend is on the basketball court when she suddenly hears a loud popping sound and hyperextends her knee. What likely has happened? What results would you see from the anterior drawer test?

If someone hears a loud popping sound and hyperextends their knee it means a knee injury has occurred. The injury is a result of the knee extending beyond its fully straightened position. Hyperextended knee is a common injury that can easily occur to most athletes or victims of a bad fall.
Biology!
guzxna Author
wrote...
11 years ago
for the 1st question i actually found that answer on wiki answers but is there another explanation for this question? pls let me know Slight Smile
wrote...
11 years ago
for the 1st question i actually found that answer on wiki answers but is there another explanation for this question? pls let me know Slight Smile

That's where I got it from actually Smiling Face with Open Mouth Like the question suggests, loose ligaments mean greater flexibility, and weaker muscles could suggest less resistance to stretching.

Read this article on it, it will help lead you to an answer, hopefully this time!

Hypermobility
Biology!
guzxna Author
wrote...
11 years ago
thank you so much for your help! Smiling Face with Open Mouth it really helped me a lot!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1055 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 303

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?