a
t
i
r
sciguy2311 sciguy2311
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm looking at starting the "Lemonade Diet".  Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts or comments on it?  Has anyone tried it?  I am a 32-yr old, 5'8", 216lb, male looking to jumpstart my weight loss.  Any help would be appreciated!
-George
Read 659 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Hey man,

I know people who have tried diets similar to this.  Actually, I know a guy who followed a program where you fast for 10 days.  He would drink this one lemony type drink and a laxative tea every day.  He lost 15 pounds. 

However, I am very weary about these diets.  Normally my friend is a fun loving, chill, great to talk with kind of person.  For the 10 days he was pale, lacked energy, and not all that pleasant to be around.  I have tried a few diet and workout programs, so maybe I am a bit biased, but I believe that people are meant to eat and drink to give them the energy to get through their day.  I don't believe this kind of 'crash diet' is all that healthy because you are starving your body of necessary nutrients and making other body parts/organs try to pick up the slack in a way that can actually do some damage.  The only "benefit" is that he cleansed his colon and there are other ways to do this.

In reality, most of the weight lost was from water weight, a cleansed colon and probably a bit of muscle loss (which is not good because it can make you look even more flabby than you already may be).  Also, he gained this weight back within a few weeks because he did not learn how to maintain his results. 

The best thing you can do is start a good diet/workout program.  If you don't have a whole lot of time you can try Flat Belly Diet For Men (I'm assuming you are a man, but the original version is geared more towards women.)  Or anything...ANYTHING!!! by Beach Body LLC. I am not a coach, but I've done a few of their programs and they are incredibly effective if you do it a minimum of 4-5 times a  week and eat properly (which they will tell you how to do.)  Otherwise, you should see a personal trainer and they will tell you how to workout and eat right and hopefully they can give you some tips on how to eat right when you eat out or when you don't feel like you have a lot of time or other similar circumstances.

btw Flat Belly diet is all about eating right and does not need a whole lot of time working out.  They do, however, tell you some simple things that you can do to accelerate your weight loss and you could probably do all of it by buying some 20 or 30 pound bands which will not cost you a whole lot of money.
wrote...
11 years ago
Hello, I tried this about 3 months ago, and I tell you I did not like it at all. It made me feel weird. Although, it says that you will feel sick, weak, at first, but, if you can make it pass the 3rd or 4th day you will be ok. I tried on 3 different occassions and it didnt work. I had stomach cramps. Just a very bad experience. #goodlucj
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1238 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328