a
t
i
r
rizkallah15 rizkallah15
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
If i'm not mistaken, a supernova is an explosion of a star in space so there's this beautiful color of a cloud in space too far away for the eye to see here on earth.  What i wanna see is pictures of such supernovas -- the most extraordinary you've ever seen.  You can mention their names and i'll look them up myself.  The one i pick to be the most beautiful wins.  (You can include several if you wanna increase your chance of winning)
Read 466 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Supernova 1987A.  One of the closest to Earth - so we have incredible pictures.
wrote...
11 years ago
You should look up the 'Messier Objects.'  There are 110 of them and they contain planetary nebula (the things you're talking about), diffuse nebula, star clusters and galaxies.  They're the common things for amateurs to look at because they're bright and usually pretty.  Or you can just search for images of 'M1' through 'M110'.  Off the top of my head I know you'd be interested in M1, M27, and M57.  Or just search for planetary nebula.

Search for the Sombrero galaxy too.  It's a galaxy so it's not what you're asking about, but it's just so cool Face with Stuck-out Tongue
wrote...
11 years ago
A supernova itself doesn't make for a great picture: it's just a blindingly bright star. What's neat is the debris that it leaves afterwards.  A good example is Messier 1, the Crab Nebula, a supernova that exploded in 1054 AD. The Veil Nebula is a remnant of a much older supernova. Even more exciting is the Eta Carinae Nebula: a supernova just waiting to happen. I had a wonderful view of this through an 18" Dobsonian telescope in Australia last month.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1323 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?