× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
rkc4yc rkc4yc
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I need to extract the ethanol from the grass so i fermented it by adding sugar, water and yeast but i don't know where to place it.. should it be in an air tight sealed container in in one that's not covered or one that's covered but has little holes on them??? should i place it in a warm or cool place?? advices are really needed, thanks
Read 580 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Before you do what you described, you need to rethink what you are doing. The water and sugar solution will be fermented by the yeast. The products will be ethanol and CO2 (g). You are not extracting alcohol from grass; you are making alcohol from sugar. Yeast will operate best in a warm (but not hot) place. Since gas will be formed, a closed container is not advisable. The grass has already introduced all sorts of microorganisms, so the need to protect the fermentation from other contaminants is not an issue..
wrote...
11 years ago
If any one of these three instructions are followed incorrectly, the yeast might die. It is better always to try for the safe option first - namely direct addition. But it can be done if:
Water temperature is between 30 - 40°C.
Add 10 times the weight of water: 25 kg yeast + 250 liter water = 275 kg total.
Last is pumped across within 15 minutes of first addition to water.
Instructions:
Add Turbo Yeast to 10 times the weight of water that has previously been adjusted to 30 - 40°C. Turbo Yeast should be added while mixer is switched on to create a vortex in the water. Leave mixing for 5 minutes, then pump across. Yeast will be damaged if left in contact with the water for more than 15 minutes.
Please give simple instructions for our first Turbo fermentation
Make up a sugar solution matching the desired alcohol strength so that the liquid temperature at the start of fermentation is somewhere between 20-37°C.
Add Turbo Yeast directly into the sugar solution.
Continue to stir throughout fermentation.
Record liquid temperature and specific gravity every 24 hours, and if possible in shorter intervals. Use the Fermentation Sheet and use a maximum thermometer to measure the liquid temperature.
For more info visit :

http://www.distillery-yeast.com/turboyeast_faq.htm...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1301 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?