t
i
r
pepperpotts pepperpotts
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
PhysioEx 9.0 EX3 ACT7 don't get it.
I am really stuck on this, I think they are easy answers and I am just over-thinking them. Any help would be appreciated as I have looked at other answer sheets on this page for help and I'm just not seeing the sections I need. Also the stop and think questions are the actual experiment and it doesn't tell you if it is wrong or not. I just don't get what it is asking for...

Review sheet results: Why did you need to change the timescale on the oscilloscope for each axon?

Stop & Think Questions:(goes with the attachment file)
3. Note the difference in time between the action potential recorded at R1 and the action potential recorded at R2. The distance between these sets of recording electrodes is 10 centimeters (0.1 m).

Convert the time from milliseconds to seconds, enter the time (in seconds) in the field below, and then click Submit to display your results in the grid.
You answered: 10 sec

4. Calculate the conduction velocity in meters/second by dividing the distance between R1 and R2 (0.1 m) by the time it took for the action potential to travel from R1 to R2.

Enter the conduction velocity in the field below and then click Submit to display your results in the grid.
You answered: 50 m/sec

7. Note the difference in time between the action potential recorded at R1 and the action potential recorded at R2.

Convert the time from milliseconds to seconds, enter the time (in seconds) in the field below, and then click Submit to display your results in the grid.
You answered: 30 sec

8. Calculate the conduction velocity in meters/second by dividing the distance between R1 and R2 (0.1 m) by the time it took for the action potential to travel from R1 to R2.

Enter the conduction velocity in the field below and then click Submit to display your results in the grid.
You answered: 10 m/sec

11. Note the difference in time between the action potential recorded at R1 and the action potential recorded at R2.

Convert the time from milliseconds to seconds, enter the time (in seconds) in the field below, and then click Submit todisplay your results in the grid.
You answered: 440 sec

12. Calculate the conduction velocity in meters/second by dividing the distance between R1 and R2 (0.1 m) by the time it took for the action potential to travel from R1 to R2.

You answered: 67 m/sec
Source  Pearson custom library for YTC
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 1893 times
3 Replies