a
t
i
r
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
A 42-year-old pregnant patient asks the nurse if the baby will be born with Down syndrome. The nurse realizes that, in this chromosome abnormality, the baby has which of the following?
1. 23 pairs of chromosomes
2. 26 pairs of chromosomes
3. One member of a chromosome pair missing
4. One extra member of a chromosome pair
Read 1037 times
6 Replies
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
4 -- A zygote that is trisomic, or one that has three chromosomes instead of the usual two, can produce the condition called trisomy 21 or Down syndrome. The specific chromosome involved with this disorder is number 21.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
wrote...
11 years ago
4 -- A zygote that is trisomic, or one that has three chromosomes instead of the usual two, can produce the condition called trisomy 21 or Down syndrome. The specific chromosome involved with this disorder is number 21.
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago

You pretty much copied my answer. Confounded Face
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
colleen Author
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Thank you Slight Smile
Sunshine ☀ ☼
wrote...
11 years ago
4 is the answer
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
You pretty much copied my answer.

4 is the answer

I guess both were new members and needed a post  Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Cold Sweat
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1221 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204