a
t
i
r
Babygal Babygal
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
13 years ago
Two genes (Big nose, B, and Arrogance, A) are known to map 16 map units apart from each other.  A person with a B and an A allele is highly overconfident with their nose sticking up high in the air, the so-called “snooty” phenotype.  The homozygous recessive bbaa  person has a phenotype called “nose-to-the-grindstone” with a normal nose and modest personality.  A snooty man (known to be BA/ba) marries a very nice nose-to-the-grindstone woman and they decide to have children. What is the probability that one of their children will be modest but will have a big nose?  Show work.(2pts)
. Given the following short DNA sequences, which one will have the greater Tm and WHY? 2pt
DNA molecule 1:     ACTTTTACCCGGGGGTT
         TGAAAATGGGCCCCCAA
DNA molecure 2:   GGTTTTTAACCGAATAT
         CCAAAAATTGGCTTATA

Read 1329 times
1 Reply