Top Posters
Since Sunday
Leon.g Leon.g
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
A.

Only the component of the force acting in the direction parallel to the object?s motion is used to calculate work.

B.

The applied force is greater when the angle between the direction of the force and the motion of the object are at right angles.

C.

The applied force is weakest when the angle between the direction of the force and the motion of the object are in line.

D.

Only the component of the force acting in the direction perpendicular to the object?s motion is used to calculate work.

I've tried researching this for a while yet I still can't understand. Help please?
Read 681 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Oh come now...this is predicated on knowing the work function.  If you are studying work and haven't yet learned the physics, how can you expect to answer the questions?

Find the definition of work function.  Use the web if you can't locate it in your text or workbook.  This is really simple stuff here, you best learn it.

I'll give you a hint:  Work = force F X distance S the force acts over.  In math talk that's Q = FS cos(theta) where theta is the angle subtended by F and S vectors.  Learn this and you can answer this and similar questions.
Answer accepted by topic starter
Nursey86Nursey86
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free