t
i
r
r
VCSabado VCSabado
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Are the powerpoints sufficient alternative to reading the textbook or are the powerpoints meant to complement the book? I've seen people posting powerpoints on these boards, but I'm not quite sure if they're official powerpoints or powerpoints obtained from their instructors.
Source  Animal Physiology 2E Moyes
Read 980 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes, that's what I did. However, make sure you study all the diagrams really well.

All in all, no need for the textbook! Face with Stuck-out Tongue
wrote...
11 years ago
I've found the powerpoints are typically enough. Unless of course you have one of those diabolical instructors who delights in asking you ultra-specific questions that refer to minutia in the textbook.

I have one of those now (not in A&P, another subject) and it is terrible.
wrote...
11 years ago
I find that is is more useful to use the textbook as a back up of the PowerPoint. As a previous poster already mentioned, unless your professor is a total prick, they are more likely to test you on what they have actually covered in their lecture.
wrote...
11 years ago
I always use powerpoints unless I find a chapter too hard to understand clearly, also after I read a powerpoint I  look in the textbook for all the images/tables and read their descriptions to understand them better, and in case some weren't in the powerpoint. Also if words are in bold in the text then I learn their meaning and if the book has a summary of each chapter, I save those for after I'm done studying everything and then I read them to review.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1253 People Browsing
 127 Signed Up Today
Gallery

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586