s
s
e
kok1 kok1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
Good Morning,

I was advised to my ask my question on these broads, concerning if the HIV virus can be killed using the Oven ? At temperatures and duration of 1hour @ 160 °C (320 °F) ? Would that kill the Virus if its in an Oil solution ?

Please advise,

Thank You.
Read 1299 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Not only would it kill it, it would demolish the virus.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
13 years ago
Good Morning,

I was advised to my ask my question on these broads, concerning if the HIV virus can be killed using the Oven ? At temperatures and duration of 1hour @ 160 °C (320 °F) ? Would that kill the Virus if its in an Oil solution ?

Please advise,

Thank You.

Yes, definitely, the proteins would denature, the viral envelope would disintegrate, the outer proteins would literally melt, and there would be no chance that it could reassemble once the heat has been removed.

Hope that covers it lol
Biology!
kok1 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Reading from this PDF supplied by WHO World Health Organisation, http:// whqlibdoc.who.int/aids/WHO_AIDS_2.pdf

Mentions to 2 hours 170c (340F) .

So 1 hour is effective enough ?
kok1 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Bump
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Bump

In deed. It's like the equivalent of a human being standing next to the sun Face with Stuck-out Tongue But seriously, it's not like an endospore or something, it's a single virion. I agree with the two individuals above.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1062 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 119
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?