a
t
i
r
smooch1020 smooch1020
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I am very interested in the spine and nerves and such things like that.
What kind of doctor would I become for these things?
Also, how many years of schooling would I need. Do I go right to medical school or do I go to pre-med and then what?
Someone please explain the process.
Read 675 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Couple years of Biology and Anatomy.  Couple more years of Biochemistry and Physics.  Four more years of Med School and then specialize in what you like.
wrote...
11 years ago
That is a neurologist, although they do more than just nerves.  You get a bachelors degree (4 years), take the MCAT exam, apply to med school (4 years), then do a residency (5 years or so).
wrote...
11 years ago
Sounds like you might enjoy neurology or chiropractic medicine. However, it is very common for most people to change their minds on specialty throughout medical school. The steps to becoming a doctor the following:
1. 4 yrs undergrad studies, most common major for pre-meds is biology but generally you can choose any major that will include your biology, inorganic and organic chemistry, physics and calculus. Medical school prerequisites vary by school though so you will want to make sure what you need to take by doing research on the schools you are most interested in.
2. During undergrad work you need to volunteer, do research, and prepare for the MCAT as well as tke the MCAT.
3. Apply for medical school, which is then 4 years of schooling.
4. Upon complettion of medical school you will have your residency match for the specialty you have choosen to pursue and then you will begin your internship.

It is a lengthy process but if you go to pretty much any medical school's website you can get valuable information on what is essential for admissions.
Good luck.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1412 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431