a
t
i
r
guzxna guzxna
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
1.Discuss myelination, white rami, and gray rami that is associated with the autonomic nervous system.

2. know the ganglia that is associated with the sympathetic nervous system

3. Discuss the general control of metabolism as it relates to the autonomic nervous system

4. discuss the heart rate as it relates to the receptors involved in the autonomic nervous system.

5. discuss the subtypes of the muscarinic receptors of the autonomic nervous system
Source  Human Anatomy and physiology Marieb and Hoehn 9th Edition
Read 3677 times
21 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
What chapter is this from?
guzxna Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Chapter 14 
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
4. discuss the heart rate as it relates to the receptors involved in the autonomic nervous system.

The autonomic nervous system modifies the heartbeat: the sympathetic center increases rate and depth of the heartbeat, and the parasympathetic center slows the heartbeat.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
5. discuss the subtypes of the muscarinic receptors of the autonomic nervous system

Cholinergic receptors, such as nicotinic and muscarinic receptors, bind acetylcholine. These receptors can be 1) excitatory: target organ in most cases; and 2) inhibitory: heart and CNS.

wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
3. Discuss the general control of metabolism as it relates to the autonomic nervous system

The autonomic nervous system (ANS) consists of two divisions, each innervating the effector organs. The sympathetic nervous system (SNS) generally speeds up everything except digestion. The parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) generally slows down everything but digestion.

The autonomic nervous system also regulates insulin secretion. Insulins allows cells to become permeable to glucose, thereby decreasing blood sugar levels.

Divisions of the Autonomic Nervous System

1. The parasympathetic division keeps body energy use as low as possible while directing digestion and elimination activities.
2. The sympathetic division prepares the body to respond to an emergency or threatening situation (or vigorous exercise).
guzxna Author
wrote...
11 years ago

Cholinergic receptors, such as nicotinic and muscarinic receptors, bind acetylcholine. These receptors can be 1) excitatory: target organ in most cases; and 2) inhibitory: heart and CNS.

so the subtypes of the muscarinic receptors are excitatory and inhibitory?
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
2. know the ganglia that is associated with the sympathetic nervous system

Sympathetic ganglia are the ganglia of the sympathetic nervous system. They deliver information to the body about stress and impending danger, and are responsible for the familiar fight-or-flight response. They contain approximately 20,000–30,000 nerve cell bodies and are located close to and on either side of the spinal cord in long chains. Sympathetic ganglia are the tissue from which neuroblastoma tumours arise.

so the subtypes of the muscarinic receptors are excitatory and inhibitory?

Yes, they perform two different things depending on the location.
guzxna Author
wrote...
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, guzxna

The autonomic nervous system (ANS) consists of two divisions, each innervating the effector organs. The sympathetic nervous system (SNS) generally speeds up everything except digestion. The parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) generally slows down everything but digestion.

The autonomic nervous system also regulates insulin secretion. Insulins allows cells to become permeable to glucose, thereby decreasing blood sugar levels.

Divisions of the Autonomic Nervous System

1. The parasympathetic division keeps body energy use as low as possible while directing digestion and elimination activities.
2. The sympathetic division prepares the body to respond to an emergency or threatening situation (or vigorous exercise).

how this is related in general to metabolism?
Post Merge: 11 years ago

Yes, they perform two different
yeah because i know for sure that ADRENERGIC has two receptors which are ALPHA AND BETA and their subtypes are a1 a2 b1 b2 and b3
so manily i think my question is if muscarinic has subtypes?
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago

Mention that, and mention how it is divided into two parts, namely the parasympathetic division, which keeps body energy use as low as possible while directing digestion and elimination activities.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago

Yes.
guzxna Author
wrote...
11 years ago

Yes.
  which u said they are: inhibitory and excitatory? right? depending on location of..??

Mention that, and mention how it is divided into two parts, namely the parasympathetic division, which keeps body energy use as low as possible while directing digestion and elimination activities.
so digestion and elimination activities and insulin distribution are mainly related to metabolism in general? right?
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
which u said they are: inhibitory and excitatory? right? depending on location of..??

No, there are five subtypes of muscarinic receptors, named M1-M5.

so digestion and elimination activities and insulin distribution are mainly related to metabolism in general? right?

Yes, and it also depends on the depth of the answer you want to give. That is a general statement that relates the system to metabolism.
guzxna Author
wrote...
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, guzxna

The autonomic nervous system modifies the heartbeat: the sympathetic center increases rate and depth of the heartbeat, and the parasympathetic center slows the heartbeat.
here where is the part were the receptors act?

Yes, and it also depends on the depth of the answer you want to give. That is a general statement that relates the system to metabolism.

can you give me more info about those M1-M5 in for dummies explanation Slight Smile if you dont mind

here where is the part were the receptors act?

can you give me more info about those M1-M5 in for dummies explanation Slight Smile if you dont mind
and on the metabolism question.. im going to have a multiple choice test so i really need more explanation
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1280 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?