p
n
C
z
A Username A Username
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
I'm seeking for multitude of ways to improve my brain's processing power. This includes but is not limited to faster data recalling, better logic perception and a number of other things. I'm not entirely sure about certain things, that's why I came up with account asking the following (actual questions are written in bold):

I plan to train my logical brain half by:
- Improving Elo in chess. May improve logical thinking.
- Visualization and "rendering" of objects including things like shadows, Anti-Aliasing, transparency (I'm game-developer, that's why particularly this). May improve 3D visualization.
- Playing Sudoku in free time. Logic and mathematics.
- Solving still more more difficult logical equations that I know of without using of calculator.
How else can I do it?

I plain to train my creative brain half by:
How? How can you train to be more creative, you can't, but there must be way to improve it at least a bit? Are there any actions that may be nutritious?

Is there something that needs to be removed from the lists? Something that has no bearing?
Read 421 times
6 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free

Related Topics

A U. Author
wrote...
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, A Username
Learn how to code computers - learn a coding language like PHP.
I already know HTML, CSS, JavaScript (incl. jQuery), PHP, XML, C#, Java, ASP, Bash, Batch, C++, Python, Perl and Ruby. I might've skipped few. This includes database management, HTTP(S)/SSL requests and alikes. I'm really trying something that would force my brain into pace that you get at school, where you feel your brain is working and even though it's not obvious it works it's way out.

Learn how to play a instrument.
Would nylon guitar work? Drums? Piano? Could you be more specific, apparently Cubase (software) is a musical tool too, but I don't think my brain will work when I just drag-'n-drop items onto slots.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
If know how to code PHP and C++, that's pretty impressive.

Any new instrument that you haven't played before will suffice.
wrote...
8 years ago
Any new instrument that you haven't played before will suffice.

Can you expand this a little more? If I'd play guitar how does it help my "imaginary" part of the brain? How would replaying other songs boost it's power? Doesn't playing guitar just boost motorical skills (or however it's called in English)? Can you shine some more light on it?

How does it get affected? Does sound trigger certain parts of the particular half and make it "work"? Shouldn't listening to music on computer have same effect?
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Creating music displays creativity. Not everyone can create a tune from scratch, the same way that not everyone can paint a portrait. If words dominate your thoughts, you will not be able to stimulate your mind to access your creativity. You're asking a good question. I found a website that shares tips on how you can activate that part of your brain, though I'm speculating that they're mostly opinion pieces rather than anything that is scientifically proven:

http://jenniferblanchard.net/10-ways-to-stimulate-your-creativity/
A U. Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Thanks dude. Good thing to know.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  939 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741