s
a
t
i
r
ilikepie1234 ilikepie1234
wrote...
11 years ago
i became depressed last year for 5 months and resorted to cutting.. and now it is coming back and my grandmother told me that she had been as well a few times in her life and we realized that it is hereditary in my family.. so she suggested them. I am in highschool, how do i go about asking my doctor about them
Read 353 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You don't. I suppose this is yet another of the negative consequences of direct-to-consumer advertising, but it really isn't your place to ask your doctor about drugs, any drugs, under any circumstances. Your job is to describe your symptoms. His is to decide about drug (or other) treatment.
wrote...
11 years ago
Talk to your doctor about your symptoms. It sounds pretty likely you're clinically depressed, but the doctor should do a formal assessment and discuss treatment options with you. Given that it's bad enough to lead to cutting, I'm fairly sure antidepressants would be warranted.... therapy is a good idea, as well.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1222 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion