a
t
i
r
lesab1 lesab1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
What is the relationship of solute concentration to solvent concentration in osmosis? 

I am sure it is something really simple ... but my brain is frying right now Face with Open Mouth

HELP
Read 1154 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Save the frying for the oven 8) the concentration of the solute is higher than the concentration of the solvent. This is pretty much always the case. Remember, the solute dissolves in the solvent.
Biology!
wrote...
12 years ago
Osmosis is the diffusion of a solvent through a semipermeable membrane from a region of low solute concentration to a region of high solute concentration. The semipermeable membrane is permeable to the solvent, but not to the solute, resulting in a chemical potential difference across the membrane which drives the diffusion. That is, the solvent flows from the side of the membrane where the solution is weakest to the side where it is strongest, until the solution on both sides of the membrane is the same strength (that is, until the chemical potential is equal on both sides). Solutes, such as proteins or simple ions, dissolve in a solvent such as water. This raises the concentration of the solute in these areas. The solvent then diffuses to these areas of higher solute concentration to equalize the concentration of the solute throughout the solution.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
What is the relationship of solute concentration to solvent concentration in osmosis? 

I am sure it is something really simple ... but my brain is frying right now Face with Open Mouth

HELP

Is this a PhysioEx question, if so, let us know the activity and exercise number.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1339 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352