a
t
i
r
Whistler Whistler
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Your school district, concerned about issues such as teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, wants to create and implement a sex education course as part of the schools' health curricula. A parent group sues, contending that sex education is outside the scope of the public school curriculum.
   If resolution of this case is consistent with other cases involving sex education, which of the following is the most likely outcome?
A) Your district's right to create a sex education curriculum will be turned down by the courts on the grounds that schools must be responsive to the wishes of parents in curriculum issues that are controversial.
B) Your district's right to create a sex education curriculum will be upheld in court, and parents who object will be free to remove their children from attendance if they can demonstrate that the curriculum is a violation of their religious beliefs.
C) Your district's right to create a sex education curriculum will be upheld in court, and parents who object will be free to remove their children from attendance.
D) Your district's right to create a sex education curriculum will be upheld in court, and all students will be required to attend.
Textbook 
Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Professional

Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Professional

Edition: 5th
Authors:
Read 96 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
DiYoursDiYours
wrote...
6 years ago