a
t
i
r
darius darius
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I drink tea everyday, mainly store brands like lipton. There must be pesticides in the leaves. I put cold tea on my face to keep it younger, but am I really aging my skin because there are small amounts of pesticides in the tea? Help me? I'm freaking out, I don't need wrinkles or ugly freckles.
Read 209 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The terms "Pesticides" refers to many chemicals including herbicides, insecticides and fungicides and are designed to kill certain types of pest. These include insects, plants, fungi, moulds and rodents. Pesticides are used in modern farming on fruit and vegetables to increase yields and are thought to increase produce quality. However, pesticides are toxic chemicals designed to kill agricultural pests but can also cause problems with human health if exposed to in large amounts. Aldicarb used on potatoes, Carbendazim used on cereals, oilseed rape, fruit and vegetables, Chlormequat used on wheat, rye, oats, flowers, pears, almonds and tomatoes, Chlorothalonil used to kill fungal disease in crops, Chlorpyrifos used on apples, Pirimiphos-methyl used in cereal based infant food, Trifluralin used to kill weeds in fruit, vegetables and arable crops and Vinclozolin used peas, vines, oilseed rape and other fruit and vegetables to kill plant disease are all harmful to human health and the environment. I feel that because I eat a lot of these types of food that I have a great potential to be affected by the toxic chemicals used in these pesticides. Many organ systems such as the nervous and the brain can be subtly or permanently damaged in childhood. The endocrine system is more sensitive to pesticides and it is now known that many pesticides are "endocrine disrupters" which can affect the hormone balance within the body.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1246 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion