× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
minjai0322 minjai0322
wrote...
13 years ago
Suppose 100 moles of glucose is broken down to pyruvate by glycolysis, and the pyruvate is then converted back to glucose by gluconeogenesis using the products from glycolysis. How many moles of glucose can be regenerated? First write down the stoichiometric equations of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis. The following are present at the start of glycolysis: 100 moles glucose, 200 moles ATP, 200 moles NAD+, 200 moles Pi, 200 moles ADP. Assume that CO2 is not limiting for gluconeogenesis and that ATP and GTP are interconvertible in a stoichiometric ratio of 1 (i.e., ATP
GTP).
Read 838 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
minjai0322 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Suppose 100 moles of glucose is broken down to pyruvate by glycolysis, and the pyruvate is then converted back to glucose by gluconeogenesis using the products from glycolysis. How many moles of glucose can be regenerated? First write down the stoichiometric equations of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis. The following are present at the start of glycolysis: 100 moles glucose, 200 moles ATP, 200 moles NAD+, 200 moles Pi, 200 moles ADP. Assume that CO2 is not limiting for gluconeogenesis and that ATP and GTP are interconvertible in a stoichiometric ratio of 1.
I meant (i.e., ATP Leftwards Arrow-> GTP).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1229 People Browsing
Related Images