Top Posters
Since Sunday
Alexx Alexx
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
I could use some advices about how to skip a single night's sleep.
For example, what to eat, drink coffee, ice bath ect (don't suggest drugs)
Read 1219 times
9 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
While tempting, an all-nighter suggests you're not studying efficiently. If you studied a little bit everyday, you probably wouldn't be in this bind Frowning Face Nonetheless, take power-naps if necessary -- 15 to 30 minute nap -- make sure to use a timer to wake you up.
wrote...
Staff Member
10 years ago
You will be a disaster the next morning. I used to use energy drinks, but now I'm mature enough to know that apples and fruits will work just as well.

If your test is in a week, increase your bed time by one hour. This will increase your tolerance a little bit everyday, and you'll be less sleepy every night.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Alexx Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
Thanks for the additional info about studying, but I am not interested because it has nothing to do with school and studying! Smiling Face with Open Mouth

I've also heard about these power naps, are they effective? And any other suggestions?

Hehe, sorry to disappoint your clairvoyant skills by the way Face with Stuck-out Tongue
wrote...
Staff Member
10 years ago
I've also heard about these power naps, are they effective? And any other suggestions?

Yes and no. Yes, because it ups your bodily fuel gauge for at least an hour; no, because you risk not waking up! Once, I power-napped from 4 AM to 7 AM lol My intention was to sleep for 30 minutes, but I gave in to the fatigue. If you don't end up sleeping the night, everything you studied will be really hard to retain the next morning.

Thanks for the additional info about studying, but I am not interested because it has nothing to do with school and studying! Happy

Why would you study for no reason Undecided ?
- Bachelor of Science
Alexx Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
Why would you study for no reason Undecided ?
I said, I do not intent to study during the night, I just want to stay awake until the next evening. Who said I want to study during the night anyways? Face with Stuck-out Tongue
wrote...
Staff Member
10 years ago
Must say that's pretty strange. I suppose taking advice from an owl wouldn't hurt either Smiling Face with Halo
- Bachelor of Science
Alexx Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
In the end, I survived with coffee and a cold bath!
wrote...
10 years ago
Better idea would have been to drink an iced coffee Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
wrote...
Top Poster
10 years ago
Here are some of my tips:

Move, stretch, every 20 minutes. Turn off your phone, or instant messaging (i.e. Facebook). Try not to yawn lol This will lead you to sleep. Don't listen to melodic music, like trance and dance. If you're using a computer, make sure the lighting is at its lowest setting, because you don't want your body to turn against you.