Top Posters
Since Sunday
darkwind darkwind
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with a chemistry lab I'm having trouble with. In the lab a standard solution of NaOH will be used to determine the concentration of appx 0.2 M solution of HCl using phenolphthalein as an indicator in an acid-base titration. We will also use the HCL solution to titrate samples of a cleaning solution containing NH3 to determine the concentration of the NH3 in the solution.
 I need to know the steps in the calculation of the unknown concentration of an acid given to the known concentration of a base and any data that I would obtain from an acid-base titration and also that acid-base indicator that I should use.
 We will be using 20.00 ml of the HCl
 For the NH3 solution we will assume that the molarity of NH3 is appx 0.4 to 0.5 M
I'm clueless on how to start of what to do. I've been out of school for quite a few years and this is my first lab. Can anyone suggest the steps to take or how to set up my calculations please - I am starting to panic Slight Smile
Thank you
Read 433 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
leeo2014leeo2014
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 390 words.