a
t
i
r
zdaven zdaven
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
A DNA library has been constructed by purifying chromosomal DNA from mice, cutting the DNA with the restriction enzyme NotI, and inserting the fragments into the NotI site of a plasmid vector. What information cannot be retrieved from this library?

sequences of the telomeres (the ends of the chromosomes)

gene regulatory sequences

amino acid sequences of proteins

this is also present in genomic DNA
Read 1424 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
ppk
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
12 years ago
this is also present in genomic DNA

Perhaps it's this one, what did you put?
zdaven Author
wrote...
12 years ago
i dont see what you put.... but i put telomeres becuase dont think they get correctly and there fore should be left out completely
im told its amino acids becuase you dont get the amino acids from the library you get the nucleic acids. thats just a lame question if thats the answer.
ppk
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
12 years ago
you dont get the amino acids from the library you get the nucleic acids

True, but with the nucleic acid sequence, you can figure out the amino acid sequence, can't you? But, if the proteins were transcribed from an mRNA sequence that contained introns, than that would, in fact, be possible.
zdaven Author
wrote...
12 years ago
first three dude!!!! i meant telomeres are not going to be cut correctly leaving the strand containing them with one cut before they start and then the end of the chrom. without two cuts they would not be in the vector.
zdaven Author
wrote...
12 years ago
ok so yes the protiens were translated from mrna that does not contain introns only exons. the sequence can be translated from the genomic dna it is just a pain in the ass.

my main struggle is this
my teacher says the answer is amino acid sequence. i think the answer is telomeres. im thinking he got got this question from somwhere and just assumed the answer.

he is saying amino acid sequence is correct only on verb usage.... like techniqually its becuase you dont get the amino acids from the sequence right?
 i think its telomeres becuase thats the correct answer of course. i just need someone to explain to me every angle becuase he is not buying it.
ppk
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
12 years ago
No, there are such things as telomere databases, so it is possible to know their sequences.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1319 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion